18 October 2010

Anchors Away

Well my Internet is down, so I'm stuck posting from my iPhone, meaning it'll probably be slightly on the shorter side tonight. One important point I'd like to raise is the concept of a constant. The reason our collective society finds themselves so against the idea of change is that it messes with the established order. In tampering, people are forced out of their element, adjusting and uncomfortable. It brings out the worst in people at times and because of man's tendency to fear the unknown, can be quite dangerous.

So how, you may ask, is this applicable? Well, I've been considering the fact that in the face of a changing world, it is important to locate your constants - your anchors, whatever you want to call it. For me, they are my close friends. They provide stability and insight when I want to make brash or unconsidered decisions.

As of recent, I've lost some of those constants. Various reasons have contributed to this loss, none of which I'll bother you with. The task at hand is to locate said constants. Some choose objects, or hobbies, as opposed to another being, arguing that conceptual constants won't let you down. I disagree on the basis that the risks of a conscious constant are outweighed by the positive benefit of another. Those constants will change as life goes on, and surely, there will be times when it seems as though you're without that anchor or support. I whole-heartedly believe that in that void of constant provides and opportunity for the most dramatic of personal growth and transformation into the next phase of self-existence. Just be sure to rediscover your constants for the sake of sanity and stability.

Apologies for lecturing,
TC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews