17 October 2010

Familiar Roads and New Faces

As I travel this road for the several hundredth time in life, I recognize all the stops along the way. Somehow, it always takes longer to make it back to Ann Arbor. No, I don't mean because of the hour time difference, but rather a sense of returning to normal. It isn't quite as enticing as a weekend in the city. Yet, I couldn't imagine traveling to any other destination.

It has certainly been a fantastic busride back. I met a terribly interesting girl by the name of Anna. I think what I fancy most about her is the way she contemplates what she says before she says it. She looks slightly upwards and it is as evident as day that her mind is processing. All the while, her eyes slightly sparkle, revealing what appears to be a quite optimistic outlook. It is both surprising and refreshing to meet an individual with such vigor and resolve, as our lengthy conversations indicate that she hasn't lived the easiest of lives. I feel a sort of admiration towards her, as well as a quickly-earned respect. I think I'll chance to say it has all the makings of a destined-to-be friendship. And for that, I'm excited. I'll leave on that positive note for now.

To Safe Travels,
TC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews