15 October 2010

Sleep

Late for work again. A recurring theme for me this week, as I struggle internally to get myself on some sort of schedule. I hate the idea of it, though. Life is too organic to be tied to strict guidelines. I would most certainly vouch for the idea that the most genius men throughout history didn't conform. That isn't how change arises. Society has a tendency to hinder the creative spirit, and since I've come upon that realization, I find myself caught up in a world of questioning why people do what they do. How many of you grew up with childhood dreams, only to have parents, advisors, the people we put blind faith in, tell you that you need to pick something more financially viable. We have no reason to not believe them. To the youth, these role models are the smartest people in the world, even perceived to the young mind as without flaw. And as they grow older, they come to realize it is certainly not the case, that just like them, every person on this planet is still human. People still make mistakes. So, I guess I leave you with one question of my own: How do we know they're not making another mistake telling us to give up our dreams in lieu of a more "stable career" or something that is "normal"?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews