22 October 2010

Perfect Moments/Some Fucked Up Shit

Precursor: Sometimes I find myself experiencing a simultaneous spectrum of emotion. "How," you might ask, "can you be happy and sad at the same time?" Well, read on and maybe you'll have a better understanding of how it is feasible.

Song of the moment: In the Dark (2010 Mix) - Tiesto ft. Christian Burns

Part I: Perfect Moments

There are few things in the world that rank better than a good conversation. Really digging down and learning another person. In some ways, it reminds me of how I think the explorers of the old world felt as they mapped out uncharted territory. Everybody has a unique story and those experiences and ancedotes really map out the essence of who an individual is. We are social cartographers, mapping out our perceptions through a varying degree of conversation. Everybody has something that really "gets them," and in my case, I'm a sucker for a good talk. The kind of talk that could endlessly go into the night, racing the stars across the sky and running off to beat the rising morning sun. I live for moments like those, perfect in exactly what they are, without needing anything else to provide me with a word-ecstasy. It is those memories, of conversations I don't want to end, of words exchanged and broadening my horizons that I will continue to remember and relish as other memories fade. Thanks to each and every one of you who have contributed to these feelings. Wherever I find myself at with you at this point, whether an old friend or new, a distant past or upcoming future, you are the people who have, do and will make my world turn.

Part II: Some Fucked Up Shit

There are few things in the world that rank lower than having no control in a situation. A friend of mine announced tonight that he was, in fact, diagnosed with lymphatic cancer and will be disenrolling from school to combat this plaguing tumor. Now this friend of mine, whether it be that he is scared out of his mind or else really does let it control his life, is handling the issue in an almost comical way. It is truly part of his persona, the man hired me to help out with his satire newspaper after all. Life's just one big joke for him, but deep down I know he isn't going to give up or give in that easy. It just strikes me when I hear of something like this, and how it really isn't fair. As I consider fairness, I hear my mom in my head saying, "Life isn't fair." I never really understood the implications of what she was saying while growing up. It was always so trivial. Whether my younger sister had the same privileges I did while growing up. In retrospect, I was fucking stupid. Or maybe just young and naive. Regardless, life really is not fair. People who have done nothing wrong in the world, or people who aren't old enough to have done something wrong in the world can unjustly be taken from us. Nobody deserves for it to happen, and it causes nothing but pain. Pain to those who host such a terrible parasite of human life, pain to the families and friends around them who cannot possibly surmount just how their lives would be affected by such a circumstance. I leave tonight with my thoughts and considerations to you, Bill and your family during these hard times. Kick that cancer's ass, and don't quit. Don't ever quit.

"The days are long, within them the archetypal good and evils the world may offer. Live each day as just that, for too much good or too much evil can never be healthy for the kindred human spirit."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews