23 October 2010

Thoughts For a Random Saturday Morning

I write to you from the roads running north. With hopes of a rejuvenating and healthy weekend, I'm going to see my family for the first time since July. It should be nice, as always to catch up with them. My sister has a volleyball tournament today. She has grown up quite fast. Though I find it hard to believe I'll conclude my undergraduate experience this spring, it is even more surprising to know she will be in college this fall. I do worry about her transition into the university atmosphere, as it is quite jarring from the small town mentality. However, if she does half as well as I did my first semester, then she'll be alright. I don't doubt her knowledge in academia, but she has much to learn about the world.

The roads are beautiful today. The sun is fighting through the cloud cover, illuminating the leaves of trees partially, as though they're on stage, performing for those who passby. My two fellow carpoolers are from NYC and LA, respectively. They are in awe, as they come from much different worlds than that of Michigan. It elicits within a degree of pride, like my state is a hidden gem to these "city folk." It is therapeutic to make this drive; I'll swear by it. As the clouds take back reign over the faltering sun, drops of rain begin to fall. It looks as though we will get the full nature spectrum today, save maybe (and hopefully!) a snowfall. I have much else on my mind, but for a change it is nothing but good problems to have. Enjoy your Saturday.

TC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews