25 October 2010

*Sigh*?

I was just thinking about this: does the phrase, "when you fall off the horse, what do you do? You get back on the horse" refer to heroin, as the "horse" is a slang term for heroin?

Random thought, but anyhow, it has been another long night of studying. Just wanted to take a break before sleep to let me know I'm thinking about you, my unconfirmed readers. Feel free to utilize the comment system and let me know your opinions, etc. There is no better way to grow than to be criticized. Compliments are nice too, though.

As I sit here, all I hear around me is the buzzing of the fluorescent bulb. It is calming in an industrialized product sort of way. Unnatural, yet familiar, the noise of the light has been a staple of my life, permeating my education throughout school and to the far reaches of my social climate. Upon closer listening, I think about my breathing. It is calm and shielded by the buzz of the light, but far more beautiful. I mean this, of course, in the most non-arrogant of ways. Breathing in general though. To think that each inhale is a gift and each exhale helping complete the circle. Archetypes of life and what perpetuates it. It is rhythmic and organic. A complex system that few consider in common thought. I fear I often take such miracles for granted, so I fulfill my due diligence by writing of it here, immortalized for anyone who may stumble across it. It is our life force--our fuel; the renewable and sustainable energy that all should consider the biggest blessing of them all. May your resting breaths be long and slow, revitalizing you for the days to come. Each in itself is unique and by no means assured, so rest and be aware of how, despite the shit life throws at you, at least you're still breathing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews