28 October 2010

On The Road

Song of the Moment: Bankrupt on Selling

I'm patiently waiting my departure for the nation's capital. I've got good music, good company and all the best problems a 21-year old guy could have. There are very few things I could complain about in life right now. I've got a stack of good literature to read over the next few months, as well as a stack of good literature to write. I find myself drawing inspiration on those around me more and more. "Write what you know," and "Show, don't tell," is what Jeremiah Chamberlin instilled in my throughout my college writing classes. Original advice? Hardly, but nobody drilled it into my thick skull quite as well as JC.

Books on my list to read:
Women - Charles Bukowski
On The Road - Jack Kerouac
House of Leaves - Mark Z. Danielewski
To the Lighthouse - Virginia Woolf
Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance - Robert M. Pirsig
Sway - Ori Brafman and Rom Brafman
Blink - Malcolm Gladwell

I hope to take much away from these readings, to enhance both my writing and social standards. The two things I have an undying passion for: writing and people.

Alas, I must finish packing my belongings for my travels to DC. Expect several posts throughout the weekend as interesting things or inspirational occurrences transpire. There should be several places throughout the weekend in which I can draw an enlightenment or important junction in my life. I have a good feeling about this.

TC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews