15 October 2010

Night Drive

An original poetry piece to suit my mood on this long and dark busride:

1 car with 2 headlights,
For every 3 bumps and 4 flashes.
Over and over, as the miles increase
So does my wonder...
Who is the girl in front of me writing to?
With painstaking concentration
And near perfect penmenship?
And what is my neighbor dreaming of?
With a mouth hanging slightly agape
Surely of a better life
Than those in the Old Country Buffet we pass
Music guides my journey tonight
The bass and expansion plates harmonize
Hypnotizing my at-ease mind,
A passenger with blind faith
In him, our driver, a stranger
The kind of faith I entrust to few.
1 car, 2 taillights,
For every 3 minivans, a semi
As we cut our way through the night
Togwther for a lack of options.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews