30 November 2010

See You On The Other Side

See You On The Other Side
by Trey Campbell

I know I'll surely spend this whole life figuring
Out how to do things right, how to care
About somebody other than myself
Just in the nick of time to show Death
That I understand what it means to Love
As he whisks me away gracefully.
And I'll accept
For by that point so far off
I will walk alone, the errs of my youth
Eternally damning me to my own
Inflated megalomania.
Worry not for me, family, friends, lovers.
For I will See You On The Other Side
A man reborn, the phoenix arising
From the ashy, unrecognizable remains
Of where once walked a man naive.
Embrace me with open arms
As mine will already have risen for you
And by then I'll say with confidence
That I know how to care.
That I know how to be yours.
And not a moment sooner.
Eternity,
Is a very long time.

This poem was inspired by the BT song of the same name, "See You On The Other Side." As I listened to the magnum opus of this phenomenal ambient electronic artist's 14 minute serenade, I fell into a deeper state of being, candid in comparison to my everyday thoughts. I'm still pondering over the lines, searching for meaning, but perhaps, like I have already said, I'll figure it out at the very end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews