18 November 2010

Strange Happenings

Have you ever noticed a particular name or finding to come up over and over again? I'm experiencing a strange sort of varient of deja-vu. Basically, today I came across an author I've loved for some time--John Irving. What a fantastic author. However, today I was perusing the book cases at my office where there was a book by Irving, "Widow for a Year." It piqued my interest because I hadn't run across his name since the connection between Jimmy Eat World's song "Goodbye Sky Harbor" and the book "A Prayer for Owen Meany," to which the song draws it's climactic inspiration. The name stuck out in my head so I read a little bit more on Mr. Irving. It seems as though he is famous for several pieces, including The Cider House Rules, which, believe it or not, my friend was watching this morning when I was chatting with her. It was 2 occurrences in 1 day. To further stupefy my curious brain, I was on Facebook and saw my cousin had a status about his dog getting bit while on a walk. His friend, Topher, decided to link my cousin to a paragraph from an Irving book titled, "Last Night in Twisted River." The part of the book he referenced was about dog attacks. I was beginning to find myself very weirded out by all of these references in such a short timespan. Perhaps Irving himself was channeling me. I take these matters very seriously and it seems as though what we view as coincidences often compile on one another. If my thoughts seem scrambled and not conveyed that well in this post, my apologies. I just wanted to get it out on paper, I'll do you all a favor and reflect on this writing later when I have a more clear mind and some hindsight. It'll sound a lot better, promise!

TC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews