29 November 2010

Extremes

Personally, I find that living life in a more polar mentality always yields more satisfying results. I know that people say "everything in moderation" and how the best life lived is one of balanced proportions. I just don't know. I like to give everything my all or nothing. 100% or forget about it. If I care enough about something, I'll put all of my efforts into being fiercely loyal to that endeavor. If I'm half-assing it and just being lazy, I probably don't really believe strongly about it. I also strongly feel like many others feel the same way as I do. All of our emotions should be "all or nothing." You wouldn't go love somebody 50% or in moderation. When you're sad about something, it isn't like you cry 5 tears and say, "ok, if I cry any more than that I'm going to be too extreme." The point I'm making is that despite the fact that I sometimes sense my life missing some balance, if I were to keel over and die at this very moment, I could say that I lived a pretty damn good life. I have been in love, and lost it. I've seen new life come into the world, and both the young and old, strangers and friends alike, leave it in all manners. I've seen people go down fighting, and also unjustly. I've experienced most emotions, and experimented into dangerous territories. I have some of the best friends in the world, despite that you think yours are better. They might be good, but I would bet anything on my crew. Why would you want to live a life of safety and mediocrity, only to fade into a sort of generic remembrance, where your remaining legacy will be the epitaph upon your grave? I'd much rather go out, get into some trouble, burn a few bridges, make a name for myself and do something that people will think to themselves and say, "Wow. Trey really lived." Feel free to share your opinions in the comments, let me know that what I'm saying is complete bullshit or perhaps that I convinced you to pack your bags and become an opium dealer in the Himalayas for the next 10 years. I'd love to hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews