05 November 2010

Hands and Wheels, Ten and Two

Song of the moment: Beats Antique - Egyptic

Hello all,

I'm dozing off again and again as I progressively wear my body out. It is a repeated trend each fall semester, with my final burnout happening right around Christmas vacation. It'll allow me a few weeks to recharge, though I plan to do so with some serious writing progress on the novella.

It's been awhile since I've published something creative, so let's give it a whirl...

Hands and Wheels, Ten and Two
by Trey Campbell
Downtime, uptime, more like uptime
All the time, not enough time
What I could do with just a little more time
Time and time again, I think about me
Me and you, us and them, but not really them
Just us, and how you seem to stop time
When I see you, I want more time
And I know it's not yet our time
But is there ever really a good time
For Me and you, us against them
Timid about time, tick tock
Tick tock. Tick tock.
It drives my day, in and out
Time to get over it though
As it is inevitable as death itself
And to death it'll inevitably lead.
Time.

Kind of channeling some beat poetry here. A little Ginsberg maybe? At least that was what I was going for. My mind is so fatigued. It is a good thing I don't have any raves, concerts or travel planned this weekend. Just good sleep and good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews