01 December 2010

All That Makes Us Human Continues

The gentle first snowfall
And the cold, windy precipice
Contradict one another, war and peace.
Non-respectively, of course.
And while each flake tones
The respective sharp bells
A xylophone of intricate crystals
Melting upon contact with our warmth.
The warmth that is powered by our souls.
Each drum of our heart like a bass kick
Deep, powerful, unrivaled
I try to interfere with gravity
As I contort my neck back.
Time slows and the world around me fades
And all that remains are me
The sidewalk under my feet
And the snowy sky above.
I try to feel each flake hit my face
A combustion of hot and cold
This Binary Universe as we invent
For in my experiment,
I've resulted in water.
Happiness.
Sensation.

This is my continuation of the BT "This Binary Universe" poetry set for the week, as inspired by the album. I plan on writing a piece to associate with each of the 7 songs on the album. I hope you enjoy what I've done, as I've drawn heavy inspiration from each song.

1 comment:

  1. I just wrote a poem about the first snowfall with a completely different tone. It was nice to read yours in comparison. I like that you italicized feel; I heard your voice.

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews