22 December 2010

No Questions At This Time? Please.

Is it possible? That a physical location can be hallowed? That a certain part of the world has some weaker barrier between what we know as reality and something transcendent? In a world as fast-paced as ours, who really takes the time to slow down and understand these questions? Is it possible that I could write an entire blog post written only in question? I don't know, but it makes me consider from time to time why, when I'm in a certain place I can potentially write for hours and hours, despite it being no different than the couch I fall asleep on all too often in my apartment? We receive all this formal training in school, but at what cost? It calls into question why we are all so part of a socially constructed system? Historically, have there not been individuals who are not self-taught? Surely, seeing as, correct me if I'm wrong, nobody taught the guy in the beginning, right? So why is it that I'm wasting my time and money sitting around classrooms instead of travelling and honing my voice through my own methods? Is it because that would require an indefinite amount of time, money and talent, to which I arguably lack? Or perhaps it is my own fault, because I lack a confidence in my ability to prevail over the "system"? Perhaps I didn't realize what I wanted until I'd come this far into the system, thus making it one of necessity in the individual's quest to learn? How'd I get so off track? Is a location sacred because it channels the muses of dead writer's gone? Or is it psychosomatic, where we create this perception of inspiration because it aided those inhabiting the land before it? Or is everything psychosomatic, a long dream in which we will only awaken and rise when we fade into the surly grip of Death?

So many questions, and for each, an answer?

1 comment:

  1. You would destroy lives during the "question" rule of Kings, which we must play next semester so I can crash once again on your aforementioned couch (which I'm glad you gave a shout-out to).
    On a serious note, I love this post. Don't stop asking questions; they're the stuff change is made of.

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews