15 March 2011

Insomnia

I find myself so tired...
Where my heart and eyes
compete in respective heaviness.
My ears perk at the whispers
of summer's eventual arrival.
Such a tease, though.
I need the warmth,
for I've been cold so long.
And as I eagerly wait,
I let my heavy eyes win,
so that my heavy heart
can ease up In Dreams.

In the end it isn't the words,
nor the hook or chorus.
It isn't the harmony or progressions.
What really defines the spirit,
isn't understanding what makes the song
Beautiful.
It's understanding that the beauty is,
just listening to the damn song.
So turn it up while I doze off,
my soul finally at rest.
Balance restored.

1 comment:

  1. I love the subject and the poem overall, but I'm having some qualms with the ending. It feels like it ends twice. Pick one? Or is the overkill intentional? I like the "soul finally at rest," and would like to see the next/last line more connected to that. "Balance restored" is a cool line, but maybe for another poem? Feel free to tell me to fuck off, respectively :)

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews