08 January 2011

Old Man T

Well, thank God my New Year's Resolution was not to blog more. Sorry I've been slacking on the updates and posts. The beginning of my final semester has proven challenging in terms of time management. Tonight in particular marked the first time on a college campus that I felt old. Sure sure, anybody out there reading this who has a few years on me may scoff, but hear me out. There was a party happening tonight. Many of my Freshman and Sophomore year friends from the dorms were to be in attendance and it was being held at a swanky apartment building on campus. What was not to be appealing about it? Well for one, how about the two bitchy Ann Arbor PD female officers who came and broke up the party threatening B&E to any bystanders observing their procedures? Typical. As I stood sober in the middle of the empty dance floor, I watched handfuls of Freshman pack into tiny bedrooms like sardines. I knew there was no reasonable sign for trouble, at least not for me. Even my old dorm friends who were at the party seemed to be trapped in Winter 2008. More of the same with them. It leads me to question whether the problem is my mentality or theirs. I arrived back home to the sounds of Blink-182 and loud conversation penetrating the walls of my apartment building. My roommate was hosting several drunk guests, and by the looks of things, the party wouldn't be letting up anytime soon. Ah, to be that young and vibrant still. Instead I spend my nights alone, writing to anybody who will read. Not that it is a bad thing, I favor you guys to watered-down beer and the pant-seducing powers of the acoustic guitar. Leave it for the youth and embrace the next phase in life. I hate more than anything to say it, but maybe the best of my college years are past me. It scares the hell out of me, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews