20 October 2012

Sleepless/Spare Change

I feel for change in my very core;
the times, the times, I feel it so,
and yet again: In a Safe Place
knowing that the safety cannot
vibrate the chains of change free.
Stagnant standards get pushed below
pocket lint moved, I feel it so
I've grown a bit older, far from old,
far from thirty even, or twenty-four.

Tonight, the revelrous town glows
with a trivial energy, coloured naive.
Drunken stumbles and slurred stammer
give way to fumbled lovemaking;
lovely signals, mixed mistakes.
Wait, wait and wait some more,
In line, en route–bar. Dance-floor.
Problems forgotten, happiness acquired
brought to you by Visa and Smirnoff.
Reward yourself into the illusion of
happiness more
or less.

Sleepless tonight for different reasons,
as I feel for change behind their veil.
Words coined here to remember how
It was done before, so also now.
And now
for the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews