18 January 2012

Celestial

Who is they, and why does it matter what they say?
When you know you know, and there is no doubt.
For so long I yearned to figure it out, trying so hard,
to force the pieces together, yielding a broken picture.
Well, I threw caution to the wind and let the chaos ensue,
the pieces in the air, randomized, beautiful,
and they fell right into place.
No more restoring the photograph, this one's pristine,
and I keep looking and liking and falling more in love,
with that beautiful ginger-haired, freckle-faced, slate-blue,
seriously carefree-eyed girl I met summers ago.
And things will never be the same, for better or better,
I've grown to extend my hand and my heart out to her.
I reminisce of my infancy, wrapped in warm blankets and held,
for that is akin to this sort of love--secure, sturdy, serene.
My star-gazer, my trail-blazer, let us discover worlds,
both below our feet and in our expansive minds.
For all of time, all of space, all inclusive, exclusive,
Until we've touched all realms hand-in-hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews