22 July 2011

The Akashic Records

Song of the Moment - Brian Eno - An Ending (Ascent)

I awaken at peace, with myself and the world,
the sun warming my slow-beating heart.
Breathing life into the oncoming day and I know,
it will consist of such unanticipated substance.
And when I roll over, untangling the sheets,
still reverberating my absorbed heat,
I see you there, whether you are or not,
tranquil and porcelain, gracefully at rest,
while your mind wanders on in its vast creation.
I ponder where you may be going, and have gone.
In fields of flora or atop a cascading falls,
its mist easing your everyday life.
For you are different than the rest,
in how your mind operates, in that which you believe,
in the harmonics and chords, finding balance with Earth,
and the sky and the stars, the celestial seraph.
I take comfort in believing, in the future,
our respective endeavors, wherever they may take us,
and the solace in knowing, how you've proven a friend
until my very last breath, though certainly not our end,
but rather of human's construct of time, of physical being.
So I'll see you here, I'll see you there, on the other side,
where the grass is equally green, the glass completely full,
and our experiences drive the wisdom that transcends all else.
So that it may be bestowed upon any who call upon it,
as I know I can call on you, and you as well to me.

1 comment:

  1. I really like "I see you there, whether you are or not"

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews